In the last Google I/O Conference, Google launched HTC One Google Play Edition to let Android lovers enjoy the purity and awesomeness of stock Android ROM. Those who have bought the HTC One device before this announcement are still running HTC’s custom ROM with Sense UI. If you are one of them and you want to enjoy the stock Android experience on your HTC One, A senior XDA member, bigxie, has released a ROM, featuring the stock Android 4.2.2 Google Play Edition for the HTC One. Following are simplified instructions to install the stock Android 4.2.2 ROM on your HTC One.
Downloading the ROM
Download the stock Android 4.2.2 ROM from any of the sources below
Torrent Link from XDA Developers:
Installing the ROM
- Back up your phone. Place the ROM files in your phone’s SD Card and disconnect it from your computer and turn it off.
- Now boot your HTC one in recovery mode. You can do this by holding down power and volume down buttons for 5 seconds. When the screen flashes and you see the boot menu. Select RECOVERY. You can navigate through this menu using volume down button and select an option using the power button.
- Do a backup of your existing ROM to be on the safe side. You can do this by going to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Do data wiping. This is done to be made sure that the files of previous ROM doesn’t conflict with the files of new ROM for possible issues. You can do this by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes from the RECOVERY menu. When wipe data is complete, do wipe cache partition and when you are done with wipe cache partition, do Wipe Dalvik Cache that you can find under the advance option.
- Go back to RECOVERY menu and select install zip from sdcard > Choose Zip From > SDCard. And browse the Android 4.2.2 Google Play Edition ROM.
- Wait while the magic happens.
- Return from the RECOVERY mode by selecting reboot system now and enjoy the new ROM.
[ via XDA ]